After an accident in Hawaii, you may have started the process of finding and choosing a personal injury lawyer in Hawaii to help with your situation. If there have been serious injuries or death from the accident, you probably should seek the advice of an experienced attorney right away!
Following a serious accident your life may change drastically. You may experience temporary or permanent inability to work, physical and emotional pain. loss of enjoyment of life, temporary or permanent physical limitations and expensive medical bills. Choosing an experienced and successful injury lawyer to represent you is an important decision, as it can make the difference between a successful outcome and an unsuccessful outcome. The information below is provided to try to give you some helpful hints on choosing an attorney that is right for you.
What to avoid when you need to hire a lawyer in Hawai’i:
Many people do not know where to find a skilled and qualified attorney who can aggressively represent them on their case. The following are some common mistakes that people make when choosing an injury attorney:
- Lawyer referral from a friend: Although word of mouth referrals are often helpful, your friend probably had a different legal situation compared to yours, requiring a different skill set, which may not be what you need to recover monetary compensation for your injuries.
- Finding an accident lawyer in the yellow pages, from a TV ad campaign or from radio advertisements: Yellow pages ads, TV ads and radio advertisements are all impersonal and without any opposing viewpoints. They do not give you the background information, the peer reviews and the client reviews that you need in order to fully explore the qualifications of a prospective personal injury lawyer.
- Choosing an injury lawyer because the office is very close to you: Convenience should not be more significant than skill, professionalism, compassion, and the ability to effectively represent you on your case. You should find an attorney who has all of the qualities that are needed for a successful outcome in your case.
- Choosing an inexperienced accident lawyer: Especially on a big case, your attorney should ‘have some grey hair’ and have the years of experience to know what works and what does not. There are mandatory legal education requirements which all attorneys must take in order to keep up to date with current laws and cases regarding all areas of accident law. Your lawyer should have the experience and knowledge to answer your questions quickly and effortlessly.
How to Find and Choose the Right Attorney for You
When you are involved in legal matters arising from serious accidental injuries, you should hire an experienced attorney that you feel meets your needs. The personal injury lawyer that you choose should be a person that is experienced, that will work with you directly and that you feel comfortable with. Remember that you and your attorney will be spending a great deal of time together, so compatibility is essential. The following are some characteristics that you should look for when choosing an accident lawyer:
- Choose a lawyer who is experienced in this area of the law.
- Choose a lawyer who was trained at a well respected law school.
- Choose an attorney that has successful case results.
- Choose a lawyer that has positive testimonials from previous clients.
- Choose a lawyer with excellent peer reviews from other lawyers
- Choose a lawyer with superb ratings from Martindale Hubbell, Lawyers.com, AVVO, etc
- Choose an attorney who has the time and resources to represent you effectively on your personal injury claim.
- Choose a lawyer who takes continuing education classes.
- Choose an attorney who provides aggressive representation.
- Choose a lawyer who will meet with you personally for the initial consultation and .
- Choose an attorney with reasonable fees.
- Choose a lawyer in whom you have confidence.
10 Questions to Ask Before Choosing
When you are choosing an accident lawyer you may ask him or her case-related questions that will help you decide if they are the right attorney for you. He or she should be willing and able to answer your questions and inform you of any pertinent issues that may help your case.
- Does the attorney primarily practice personal injury law? If so, what part of their practice does it make up?
- Does the lawyer have experience successfully representing cases that are similar to my case?
- How long has the attorney been practicing in this area of law?
- Is the lawyer associated with any reputable law associations?
- Where did the lawyer go to law school?
- Has the attorney successfully settled many cases on behalf of his or her clients?
- Do former clients have positive statements to make in regards to the experience with their lawyer?
- Do the lawyer’s peers give positive comments about him or her?
- Does the lawyer provide a free initial consultation?
- Will the attorney personally explain the legal process and all developments in your case to you?
- Does the lawyer have the time and staff to adequately represent your legal matter?
- Does the attorney typically represent plaintiffs (injured party) or defendants (negligent party)?
If you have suffered serious injuries as the result of an accident in Hawaii, you will want to find and choose a competent, experienced, successful personal injury attorney here right away. By careful selection, you will be able to choose the right attorney for you.
Contact Hawaii Injury Lawyer | Attorney now for a free evaluation of your case.